New Opportunities For Arkansas Rural Connect Applicants:
- There is now $100M in CARES Act funding available for broadband deployment to qualified areas before December 30, 2020.
- Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) and Electric Cooperatives and their subsidiaries may now apply.
- Other companies capable of deploying broadband are also allowed to apply.
- Communities under 500 in population may now apply
- ISP’s and Electric Cooperatives do not have to deploy to the entire community due to flexibility in the deployment rate.
- ISP’s and Electric Cooperatives must include the area they plan to cover in their application.
- Applicants must include a letter with their application explaining how deployment will assist with telemedicine, distance learning, and telework.